This causes in-core Total Internal Reflexion. Most fibers work in duplex pairs: one fiber is used for transmitting, and the other is used for receiving. But both signals can be sent over a single strand. Two main types of fiber optic cables are available: single-mode fiber (SMF) and multimode fiber (MMF). The difference lies essentially in the core size.
MMF has a much broader center that allows the transmission of multiple light modes (or “rays”).
SMF has a very narrow core that allows for propagation of only one light mode.
Each type of fiber has its own advantages and disadvantages and has different properties.
Consult GIBS the Top Fibre Optics Cable solutions provider in South Delhi & Gurugram and find out the right Fibre Optic solution for your business.
Why use optic fiber cable?
- They have practically unlimited information
- They have high carrying capacity (very broad bandwidth, THz or Tbits/s)
- They have very low transmission losses (<0.2dB/km, cf1dB/km microwave, 10db/km twisted copper pair)
- They do not dissipate heat
- They are immune to cross-talk and electromagnetic interference
Send Us a Message
Whether you’re searching for a new partner or a new career, we want to hear from you! Our direct contact information here.